WELCOME TO SYDNEY FILM SCHOOL
SYDNEY FILM SCHOOL AND VARIETY MAGAZINE
HOLLYWOOD BASED VARIETY MAGAZINE HAS AWARDED SYDNEY FILM SCHOOL ITS TOP FILM SCHOOLS FOR 2020 ACCOLADE. CHOSEN FROM FILM TRAINING INSTITUTIONS ACROSS THE GLOBE, SYDNEY FILM SCHOOL WAS HONOURED TO RECEIVE THIS NEWS.
THE ONLY AUSTRALIAN FILM SCHOOL TO BE AWARDED.
Sydney Film School was founded to teach the essential filmmaking ‘tools’ necessary for a successful career in the global film industry. It is an intense training experience where our students learn how to be filmmakers. Through producing and crewing a significant number of films, students gain both the skills to be employed by the industry and create their own productions. Since Sydney Film School’s inception, alumni have gone onto successful careers across the planet and create a network for new students to build relationships with.
Sydney Film School offers a one year Diploma, a one year Advanced Diploma and a Certificate III in Screen and Media. Our courses are intensive, hands-on programs where students learn through production. You learn the theory of filmmaking and then apply it by making films. Lots of them. You create your own vision for your films, while also crewing your fellow filmmakers’ projects.
PRODUCTION STUDIOS BUILT FOR THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY
Sydney Film School is located at Waterloo Studios. Waterloo Studios house state of the art facilities and equipment including a sound stage, cinema, movement studio, training rooms, production offices, postproduction mastering suite, editing suites and animation pods. Our facility is installed with the latest fibre optic cable for high speed internet and narrowcasting.
Waterloo Studios is an award winning Production Studio, winner Tertiary Category, 2014 Master Builders Association Excellence in Construction Award.
We have significant partnerships with international film & acting industry heavyweights. In fact, we work with some of the best production companies in the industry who use our facilities for film & TV shoots. Our students are offered opportunities to be part of these productions wherever possible.
WATERLOO STUDIOS VIRTUAL TOUR
Our teachers are experts at delivering instruction, and working professionals. They understand what it’s like to start out and how to guide you towards a career in the film and television industry. At the heart of our teaching philosophy is our desire for students to find their unique vision. It’s reflected in our program right through to our logo. We want you to show an audience how you see the world. At the same time we prepare you with the craft skills essential to engage in opportunities in film and television production.
A REAL STUDIO ENVIRONMENT
Filmmaking is the symbiotic relationship between the visionary and the team to create the vision. In many institutions, access to actors is limited or not available at all. Sydney Film School shares the Waterloo Studios facility with Sydney Actors School, one of the leading acting programs in the country. Sydney Film School students build working relationships with the acting students with the intent to create great film and television programs. This collaborative environment enables all students to understand the important relationship between filmmakers and actors and makes for a great environment to build lasting friendships and future professional collaborations.
We are seeking students with unbridled passion for filmmaking who want to make a serious impact in the international film & TV industry. We can teach the art and craft of filmmaking, but we can’t teach passion. That’s what we’re looking for. An applicant with a big dream, filled with passion, who wants to make their mark as a professional in the international film and TV industry and who is not afraid to strive for excellence.
We are very selective across all disciplines. Entry to our accredited programs is by a strict interview process. Our goal is not to fill seats with students and promise the world – we are serious about assisting students to launch their filmmaking careers. This is why we have very limited enrolments and a thorough interview process to gain enrolment into our courses.
For students who are successful in gaining enrolment into Sydney Film School, this means the opportunity to work with fellow students who are just as committed to reaching their dreams.
We are always looking for better ways to deliver programs, looking for how the industry is changing, how we can equip our students to meet those changes and most of all, encourage you to create a future in the film and television industry that is exciting and thriving. We look for a special kind of student that dreams big and wants to learn how to achieve that filmmaking dream. Because we are a boutique institution with limited enrolments, we can be flexible to meet the rapidly changing industry the world over. Our goal is to produce high calibre filmmakers who have a vision of their future. We believe in dreaming big and know that dedication, encouragement and industry relevant training is the key. We want to work with students who want to courageously find their vision and project it to the world.
FIND YOUR VISION
If you would like to visit the Sydney Film School at Waterloo Studios, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a personal tour. We can sit down and explore your study options. You can even sit in on a filmmaking class. We want to answer all your questions so you can make an informed decision on wether or not our school is right for you.
WHY CHOOSE SYDNEY FILM SCHOOL?
- Sydney Film School employs’ industry professionals with real credits. Many institutions will offer “industry professionals” as lecturers, however they have not worked at significant levels in the international film and TV industry. Our lecturers have had major impact in their chosen fields. This is why many of lecturers’ are also the chairs and presidents of the guilds for their industry bodies.
- Our curriculum makes you practice filmmaking under real world conditions. You will learn the theory for great practice and then make movies. Lots of them. We believe this is the best way to learn.
- You study with filmmakers and actors all under the one roof. Our hope is that you will build professional working relationships that will last a lifetime.
- Facilities built for filmmakers not educators. When you study filmmaking at Sydney Film School, you study in a purpose built facility that is industry standard. We work with many professional production companies who rate our facilities as best in class.
- You are not just a number. At Sydney Film School you experience a personal training culture, our classes are small, our selection process rigorous and our lecturers inspiring. We want you to succeed and most of all, find your own voice.
- Culture is just as important as outcome. We want our students to enjoy the process of learning. Challenges are part of this process and we’ve found the best way for any student to grow as artists is to support them. At Sydney Film School you’ll find a culture of support and inspiration, where all artists are encouraged to find their unique vision.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ACTING?
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO VISIT SYDNEY ACTORS SCHOOL