SYDNEY FILM SCHOOL GRADUATES
Our focus is to make our graduates career ready. As a SFS graduate, you have an 85% success rate for employment in the industry or in further related studies.
As a result of our production house model, all our graduates leave with their extensive show reel of films. These are their gateway into the industry.
To boost our graduates’ profile in the industry, we distribute the best of our films each semester to represent the School in a number of the key global film festivals.
Graduates of Sydney Film School obtain jobs in the film, screen and other allied industries. Some of the positions that our graduates have gained in the past have included:
- Feature Film Director
- Feature Film 1st Assistant Director
- Feature Film 2nd Assistant Director
- Feature Film 3rd Assistant Director
- Feature Film Assistant Director
- Music Video Director
- TVC 1st Assistant Director
- Live Sports Director
- Feature Film Producer
- Feature Film Co-Producer
- Feature Film Line Producer
- Feature Film Production Manager
- Feature Film Associate Producer Assistant
- Feature Film Production Assistant
- Feature Film Production Runner
- Music Video Producer
- TV Producer
- TV Production Assistant
- TVC Producer
- TVC Unit Production Manager
- Feature Film Screenwriter
- Documentary Researcher
- Feature Film Director of Photography
- Feature Film Camera Operator
- Feature Film Focus Puller
- Feature Film Video Split Operator
- Feature Film Camera Assistant
- Feature Film Clapper Loader
- Documentary Camera Operator
- TV Camera Operator
- TV Camera Assistant
- TV Gaffer
- Music Video Director of Photography
- Music Video Camera Operator
- Music Video Camera Assistant
- Camera Technician
- Feature Film Editor
- Feature Film Assistant Editor
- Documentary Editor
- TV Editor
- Music Video Editor
- Sports Editor
- TVC Editor
- Feature Film Production Design Assistant
- Feature Film Set Construction
- Feature Film Wardrobe Assistant
- Feature Film Continuity
SOUND AND MUSIC
- Feature Film Music Editor
- Feature Film Sound Design Assistant
- TV Sound Recordist
- Feature Film Digital FX Assistant
- TVC Digital FX Supervisor
- TVC Compositor
The Diploma of Screen and Media and the Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media offer its graduates pathways into further studies or training programmes.
Listed below are current agreements with Education Providers for further studies. These pathways allow graduates to gain entry into a course and/or credit points (Advanced Standing) towards their studies. Numerous graduates have entered into other vocational studies, University Bachelor or Masters Degrees.
PATHWAYS WITH INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
SYDNEY FILM SCHOOL AND ECOLE SUPERIEURE D’ETUDES CINEMATOGRAPHIQUES EXCHANGE PROGRAM
ESEC in Paris offers an exciting exchange program for a period of up to a year. The school has five departments to choose from: directing, editing and SFX, scriptwriting, producing and documentary. Sydney Film School students must have completed either their Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media to apply for the program. The student must also meet a competent level of proficiency in the French language equivalent to a DELF B2 level or higher.
Exchange Students can obtain an official degree from ESEC, equivalent to a Bachelor of Fine Arts.
No tuition fees will be charged for the agreed period of study.
The SFS graduate will be responsible for travel and living costs and their study visa application. Wherever possible, SFS and ESEC will assist the student in finding accomodation, orientation and welfare services.